Accepting Application - Secretary
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Secretary at the Van Wert County Correctional Facility. This is a Full Time salary position. Applications will be accepted from November 7th, 2017 through November 20th, 2017 at 4:00pm. Anyone interested in applying can pick up an application at any time at the Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office located at 113 N. Market Street Van Wert, or print application off the Sheriff’s Office website at www.vanwertcountysheriff.com .
Persons applying need to also include a letter of interest and a resume’ when submitting their application. Applications with required documentation can be dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office at any time during the acceptance period above, emailed to the Sheriff’s Office by using the link at the bottom of the Sheriff’s Office home page, or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office using the above address.
• Be a US Citizen
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Be a resident of Van Wert County or become a resident within 1 year
• Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
• Have a High School diploma or GED and provide a copy of the diploma or certificate with the application
• Be of good moral character
• Never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving Moral Turpitude or is not currently under indictment for any criminal offense.
• Have no previous or current charges of driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Never have been convicted of any family violence offense
• Obtain certifications required to perform duties of position to maintain employment
• Be able to pass pre-employment background investigation
• Be able to pass drug screen
• Be fingerprinted and subjected a search of local, state, and national records and finger print files.
Starting Salary is $30,727.32. The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office offers Health Insurance, Paid Vacation Time, and Paid Sick Time.
The successful candidate must complete a nine (9) month probationary period commencing from the date of hire.
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the general direction of the Sheriff, is responsible for providing assistance in the Management of Office Administrative function:
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Maintains confidential files, posts accounting data; updates and balances books of records, maintains and keeps all personnel files.
2. Produces typed copy from rough written or brief oral instructions involving correspondence, tables reports or other materials of technical or confidential nature, prepares required reports, handles Sheriff’s Sales, civil process and other paperwork as needed.
3. Assists with Employee Payroll.
4. Maintains Office Charge Accounts.
5. Processes all mail daily.
6. Accepts all payables and receivables.
7. Types all Supplements, Transfer, etc. letters.
8. Types all transcripts needed.
9. Makes all deposits and transfers of monies into Budget Accounts.
10. Makes pay-ins at court house.
11. Assists performing Web-Check electronic fingerprinting.
12. Maintain and balance Sheriff’s Office checking accounts.
13. Tracking and Ordering Office supplies.
14. Make Bank deposits.
15. Maintain Accurate accounting of inmate records
16. Track Medical expenses of inmates
17. Maintain inmate commissary accounts
18. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Minimum of 3 years of experience providing support at a high level.
2. Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
3. Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
4. College degree is an advantage.
1. Organizational and Planning Skills.
2. Excellent Communication Skills.
3. Information gathering and monitoring skills.
4. Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
5. Good judgement and decision-making ability.
6. High level of initiative.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to be a team member.
9. Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
10. Ability to adapt to circumstances and still complete tasks and assignments
Any combination of education, training and work experience which indicates possession of the
skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
Click Here for All News Articles