Applications being Accepted for Communications Officer
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Communications Officer. This is a Full Time hourly position. Applications will be accepted from April 13th, 2017 through April 28th, 2017 at 3:00pm. Anyone interested in applying can pick up an application between 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday at the Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office located at 113 N. Market Street Van Wert, Ohio, or print an application off of the Sheriff’s Office website at www.vanwertcountysheriff.com
Persons applying need to also include a letter of interest and a resume’ when submitting their application. Applications can be dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office at any time during the acceptance period above, emailed to the Sheriff’s Office by using the link at the bottom of the Sheriff’s office home page, or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office using the above address.
• Be a US Citizen
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Be a resident of Van Wert County or become a resident within 1 year
• Possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License
• Have a High School diploma or GED and provide a copy of the diploma or certificate with the application
• Be of good moral character
• Never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving Moral Turpitude or is not currently under indictment for any criminal offense.
• Have no previous or current charges of driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Never have been convicted of any family violence offense
• Obtain certifications required to perform duties of position to maintain employment
• Be able to pass pre-employment background investigation, which may include a polygraph examination
• Be able to pass drug screen
Starting Salary is $14.57 p/hr. with step increases. The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office offers Health Insurance, Vacation Time, Comp Time and Sick Time.
The successful candidate must complete a nine (9) month probationary period commencing from the date of hire.
The Van Wert County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click Here for All News Articles